December 24, 2013 § 1 Comment
“Therefore The Lord himself will give you a sign: the virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.” Isaiah 7:14
December 17, 2013 § Leave a comment
Nothing quite says “spreading holiday cheer” like sending a hand written Christmas card to your loved ones. Writing letters and cards, for some, is a tradition of the past. I still treasure writing letters and sending beautifully printed cards to those I care about and want to make sure they feel my love from a distance. I’ve spent countless hours hunting for the perfect Christmas cards for each of my special recipients – some beautiful, some touching, and some just a little tongue and cheek.
November 22, 2013 § 4 Comments
It may seem a bit early for Christmas shopping, but I personally like to get my shopping done before usual because I love giving that perfect gift. With a mostly female family, I absolutely love getting those little feminine gifts with a pop of originality. Here are my top favorite stocking stuffer ideas for the 2013 holidays.
1. Capri Blu Jar Candle – Anthropologie $28. If you’ve ever smelled this candle, you understand why I put it numero uno on my list.
2.Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15 – Sephora $22.50. I recently discovered this gem and I love it! Sheer Petal is the perfect color and the balm is ultra moisturizing.
3. BAGGU Medium Leather Zip Pouch – Urban Outfitters $40. This little pouch comes in six gorgeous colors and is a great size for all a girl’s little carry-alongs.
4. Botticino Marble Coasters – Anthropologie $40. There are multiple sets with different adorable patterns. I chose these ones because who wouldn’t love to have some Scotties & plaid on their coffee table?
5. TARTE Pure Maracuja Oil mini – Sephora $17. I cannot express how much I LOVE this oil. In the short 2 months that I’ve applied it at nighttime before bed, I have noticed my skin is much smoother and clearer.
6. Mini Etched Enamel Bangle – JCrew $35 (25% off 2 or more until 11/24!). The simplicity of this bangle makes it one of my gifting favorites this season.
7. Flannel PJ Pant – JCrew Factory $25.50. My family has a Christmas jammies tradition and these are just right. Love me some navy.
8. Butter London Nail Lacquer – Sephora $15. Gorgeous nail polish. Can’t go wrong with this one.
9. Shina Stud Earrings in “ivory pearl” – Kendra Scott $29.97. Simple and beautiful. I love the minimalist beauty of ivory pearl.
10. Champagne Bottle Coin Purse – Kate Spade $68. I know, I know its a bit expensive, but I’ve saved the best for last. Champs is my favorite drink and the new Kate Spade line is perfection.
Whether shopping for your sister, best girlfriend, mother, or lover these are some great hand picked items to stuff their stockings!
November 15, 2013 § 1 Comment
Here’s a quick visual post of whats been up with me lately…
Halloween is officially over. Now, it is officially Christmas in my world.
I can’t stop lighting fall candles. #alldayerrday
With December quickly approaching, I’m relieved my first semester of grad school is almost over
But, then relief went out the window when… my car got broken into and my sheeeyit stolen
And I got super stressed when I had to deal with insurance and banks to get valuables refunded
So I handled the situation like a mature adult
Then, I remembered I was going to see DRAKE in concert in just a mere few days!
Got happy again. So I planned my outfit accordingly
Got sufficiently tipsy with my girlfriends. Majorly fangirled over Drake when we got to the concert
Then, spent the rest of the night screaming rap lyrics and dancing embarrassingly
Spent the rest of my week working, but hey! TGIF
Lastly, MY BOO COMES INTO TOWN TO VISIT TONIGHT. (one month of being apart is way too long, yall).
In my mind when he walks in, I’ll be all
CHEERS TO THE WEEKEND